Sunday, November 13, 2011

Not Dead + EZLOSPIRIT IV LAUNCHES!!!! + Next Up...

No, I'm really not! Dead, that is. The Intravenous Covers has been a 7-month project because I haven't spent every possible moment recording it. I've been doing a lot of work on my upcoming Pokémon Live! spin-off album (more on that later...). And recording audiobooks. And writing novels. And a whole lot of other stuff!

Luckily for you...EzloSpirit IV: The Intravenous Covers (see what I did there?) is now available! I started recording it...I think the same night or maybe a week after I finished Threedom!, so back in April or so. However, due to both quality issues and very subtle changes in my voice, and given that it had been months since I had recorded any of the album, I scrapped all of my previous recordings (the first five or six, minus "Hey Jude," which wasn't even a planned track until the last night of recording) for the album at the end of July and started over. The only track that I didn't redo (for obvious reasons) from April was the first bonus track, the edited version of "La Vie Boheme" from Threedom!. This track was just me having fun with my then-new Nintendo 3DS; what I did was I put the song on my SD card, went into the Nintendo 3DS Sound application, plugged a line-out/line-in cord (what are those called?) into both my 3DS's headphone (line-out) jack and my laptop's microphone (line-in) jack, raised both the speed and pitch of the sound in Nintendo 3DS Sound, and I pressed the record button in Audacity (on my laptop) and the play button in Nintendo 3DS Sound. It was interesting.

EzloSpirit IV sees my departure from having tons of Pokémon and RENT songs that began in Threedom! become complete. There are only two Pokémon songs (only one mentions anything related to Pokémon, though the word "Pokémon" does not appear once) and two RENT songs (three, if you count the first bonus track). There are four songs (total) from StarKid Productions' two fanmade Harry Potter parody-musicals. My point? There's more variety in this album then in any of the Trilogy I albums! Heck, there are even  three pop songs (one of them being current!) on this album: "Chasing Cars," "Upside Down," and Adele's beautiful but haunting piece, "Someone Like You," the latter of which closes the album (not counting the two bonus tracks).

One last thing: EzloSpirit IV ushers in the era of Trilogy II, and fittingly, it is most certainly my highest-quality album yet. Going off-key? Well, it still happens. But very rarely! Audio peaking? Well, that still happens, too. But only occasionally! Lots of emotion in most of the songs? Yeah, I got that for you now, too!

Long story short: there's almost 90 minutes of the best a capella, EzloSpirit-made audio yet waiting for you in EzloSpirit IV: The Intravenous Covers and Trilogy II! Head over to the "EMC: Trilogy II" page on this site to find download stuff.

"So what's up next?" you may or may not ask. Well, I have one main track and one bonus track left to record for my cover of the full Pokémon Live! soundtrack. It should be done next week or so. That's what's up next!

In addition, I just started rerecording (ironically) my remake of the first EzloSpirit Music Covers album, which I started recording around when I was finishing up Threedom!. Like Intravenous Covers, I decided that the existing recordings were not of sufficient quality, and my voice had dropped since they recorded. Well, actually, in the case of these recordings, the originals were basically crap, if you'll excuse the mild language; they were packed with peaking and going off-key and were much worse than the originals!

Luckily, EzloSpirit Music Redux, as this remake is called, has already improved as of last night, when I started rerecording it! In fact, of the five recordings I did last night, there's only a peaking problem with one of them. That's pretty much the only problem I've had with these so far. And the actual singing in that recording was so...great (if I do say so myself) that I'm not even going to rerecord it! That, by the way, is "Make a Wish / Chiisaki Mono Redux." In addition, I made what I'm minimally-hesitant to call my best recording yet (both actual recording-wise and singing-wise) last night, which is my recording of "Aquarius." I may post a preview at some point. That's how good it was!

Music Redux should be out late in December or in January.

That's all for now! Enjoy The Intravenous Covers! Feel free to tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment